|TAROT||ART & CULTURE||KABBALAH||ALCHEMY||BLOGS|
LUXLAPIS NEWSLETTER FULL MOON [*]
Friday, 09 December 2011
“All men recognize the right of revolution; that is, the right to refuse allegiance to, and to resist, the government, when its tyranny or its inefficiency are great and unendurable.”
Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience
I have been saying to my ‘self’ that the various thematic streams of my life, are starting to coalesce [see HERE]. We sail through life, from birth to death. Life itself is hopefully an onward progression – we should never stop learning . . . from the first breath, right up to the last breath and beyond . . . if you believe in a ‘beyond.’ Besides the coalescence, there has been intensification, both on the global, as well as the personal level. Change is certainly in the air. Someone, called Chris Hedges: somewhere on Facebook, in the context of the Occupy Wall Street Movement wrote:
"Welcome to the revolution. Our elites have exposed their hand. They have nothing to offer. They can destroy but they cannot build. They can repress but they cannot lead. They can steal but they cannot share."
And the great ecofeminist Susan Griffin posted these words on her FB wall:
“We are fighting for our lives and the quality of our lives right now. The survival of the earth and democracy are both on the line.”
Brilliant words, qualifying all the material shared previously on the Uranus/Saturn Confrontation. It is in this sense, that I see the seamless blending of the Esoteric/Esoteric in my life, and in patterns emerging. The network continues to grow, with stimulating and nourishing discourse on a wide spectrum of subjects. I am still experimenting with this new automated Newsletter format – at the top are some subject headings which by a click will take you to that particular section within the body of the Newsletter.
This will be short & sweet, with richer, more detailed missives some time in the future.
Samten de Wet
Kasak, Enn, Ancient Astrology as a Common Root for Science and Pseudo-Science, Folklore Vol. 15, Tartu 2000. [WEB]
Malter, Henry, Personifications of Soul and Body. A Study in Judaeo-Arabic Literature, The Jewish Quarterly Review, New Series, Vol. 2, No. 4 (Apr., 1912), pp. 453-479
“The subject is closely connected with the general idea that the universe and man are parallel; that whatever is found in the world without, in the macrocosm, is reflected or finds its counterpart also in the man, the microscosm. This doctrine is very old, being traceable not only to Pythagoras and Plato, but also to the oldest Babylonian literature. The Talmuds and Midrashim afford numerous instances of analogies between parts of the universe and of the human body; . . . “
Richard L. Hunter, Cambridge, Written in the Stars: Poetry and Philosophy in the Phaenomena of Aratus
Gothic Spanish-suited cards – World of Playing Cards
Some of my research for Simon Wintle is published here.
A.E. Waite ESOTERIC TAROT AT BRITISH MUSEUM
93 books dealing with Todtentanz – The Dance of Death -useful for tracing influences on Arcanum 13 – The Reaper – Death . .
This is a vast collection where one can download ENTIRE – decks – THE IBIS DECK – IS SOMEWHERE ON THIS PAGE –
One of the great & rather unknown Kabbalist visionaries.
Alchemy Collection at The John Rylands Library, University of Manchester
Karen-Claire Voss – The Tabula Smaragdina Revisited
Dr. Okasha El Daly, in his ground breaking work, [various books & papers available] – opens a new perspective on Cleopatra, and other Arabic women mystics, alchemists &c. I have often thought that the ‘asps’ are really a code of Cleopatra’s Hermetic nature. El Daly elaborates on her position as an Initiate:
David Ulansey, Mithras and the Hypercosmic Sun
Societas Occulta Islamica is an academic society devoted to the study of the arcana and esoterica of Islamicate Civilization. The obscure theurgy associated with the latter is grounded in the most recondite of oriental doctrines.
Review THE MUSLIM JESUS by Tarif Khalidi Books The Guardian
Chodkiewicz, Michel. The Vision of God, Journal of the Muhyiddin Ibn ‘Arabi Society, Vol, 14, 1993. [WEB]
Arundhati Roy: "The People Who Created the Crisis Will Not Be the Ones That Come Up With a Solution" | Truthout – Friday, 02 December 2011
Wednesday 30 November 2011 – by: Arun Gupta, The Guardian UK
The prize-winning author of The God of Small Things talks about why she is drawn to the Occupy movement and the need to reclaim language and meaning.
Nobel Women’s Initiative – No to nuclear power Nobel Peace Laureates to world leaders – Media Release Nobel Women’s Initiative
Heleanor B. Feltham, “Justinian and the International Silk Trade”, Sino-Platonic Papers, 194 (November, 2009)
Julianna Lees image Collection of Ancient textiles from the East in Western churches & museums. Exquisite . . .
CODEX SERAPHINIANUS – a psychedelic Fantasy now available for download as a .pdf [rather large file]
Ketubah, marriage contract, manuscript, ink and paint on paper, 20th of Menahem 5671 [1911 August 14], Bombay, India
YANTRA – Mahavidya Yantra
Mel Frykberg – Gaza’s Children Dare to Dream
Larry Dossey – Chaos and Disorder: Why We Need Them
ARAS – The Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism is a pictorial and written archive of mythological, ritualistic, and symbolic images from all over the world and from all epochs of human history.
CELL: 083. 4348583
Coalesce: verb come or bring together to form one mass or whole: the puddles had coalesced into shallow streams. DERIVATIVES: coalescence noun. coalescent adjective. ORIGIN : C16: from Latin coalescere, from co- + alescere ‘grow up’.
FEEDBACK FROM: GLOBAL CHANGE AND TRANSFORMATION – URANUS & THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE in THE TAROT & ASTROLOGY [Talk @ Booklet]
To further share & circulate ideas – here are some of the responses to the article. I am deeply grateful for the feedback.
* You’re absolutely right, and so is Tarnas (who has recently been staying with me) and the I-Ching. The problem is how to see the actual format that the changes will involve. The financial format for example. How do we give people the possibility of managing their hard-earned money in the way they would like to see it managed. Democracies (the US, UK) don’t really achieve this because finance is all tied into the markets, the banks, debt and what governments think this money should be spent on – such as armaments and giving it to oppressive regimes which in turn buy more armaments (Bahrein) with which they control their own people. It is very difficult to see how radical change in this field could come about. Which I-Ching translation were you using? I am nearly finished my book, the Dream of the Cosmos. love, Anne Baring
* Thank you Samten, I love it! Christina Bryer
* Resonance and synchronicity. The wheel is turning. Fire burning. ushka
* Fascinating Stuff, Samten! Alix Verrips
* Thanks Samten! Now we need movers and shakers Love Savi Veerapan
* Very good! Thank you Lesley Manim
* Thanks Samten…very interesting view of very interesting times!!! Hope you are well, Love Vheke Kruger
* Thank you Samten – I loved reading this cosmic view of where we are in time and space and how to go forward into the future! Lots of love Jenny Wyeth
* Thank you Samten – I have been passing through an astrological starfield of considerable negative energy and wondering what it is all for – i know ultimately it is always for change and growth – but that doesn’t ease the immediate pain and suffering. These words then bring great hope. Thank you again. Many Blessings! Marco
* That was a very beautiful read, Samten. Thank you. Linda Proud
* Thank you Samten for sharing this. Much love Melissa Krige
* Thank you for this Samten…Funny thing that us humans don’t change until the shit hits the fan….we have reached the tipping point with the climate and extreme degradation of natural resources. I see there is an "occupy" movement trying to get going in Cape Town and Joburg….not sure if South Africans are ready to become the activists we all need to be now. Jeunesse Park
* Thanks Samten, A thought provoking message. Like particularly the reading of the hexagram. with metta and best wishes, shanti
* Really nice e-mail, Samten. When do we get to meet up again, I wonder? Sybille Nagel
* Thanks for your analysis of the currents helping to produce change. Rene Wadlow
* Hi, You may be right. I note the I Ching quote: "the old is discarded… [not
"transformed"]… and the new is introduced". Reminds me of a Buckminister Fuller quote: to change a present reality you must propose a new reality that makes the present one redundant.
Regards, Rod Gurzynski
* Thanks for the news and up date and it is the dawning of the age of Aquarius BUT there needs a huge cleanout of population for the space and resources to open up exactly like it did after the black death there was SPACE and art ,farming church building all blossomed Regards David Cowin
* Dear Samten, I loved this email from you and it is very interesting this Occupy Wall Street movement. I think this could well be the groundswell in the western world of the masses demanding revolutionary change from this economic system that has impoverished millions and enriched a few… Gary Cousins
* very insightful, thanks, Leigh
* Hello hello, Thanks for sending this. It is exactly what my sense of this time is as well. About 25 years ago I began learning about the Mayans and about their ideas for this era and, according to whatever it was I was reading, it described the same thing that you do here. It has seemed to me that, more recently, a sort of simpleminded Apocolyptomania was created out of the idea of this "shift", made media-worthy and extreme. But! In that fearful interpretation the directions that have an enhanced opportunity to evolve now are so clearly delineated, so I try to understand it that way and not get so annoyed! The lucky thing for me, back in my early Mayan days, was that it introduced the idea of a crisis that requires evolution, and that the scale and profundity of the crisis is essential to the scale and profundity of the change. All that led me to the I Ching somehow and, when I read your piece, I wondered if you know the books of Carol Anthony. She wrote an extraordinary book where she and a colleague asked the I Ching thousands of questions, basically asking it to define its terms. You can easily find her on the internet, she has a website. I have wondered before if you knew her work. Thanks again, I am grateful to you for the things you share. Ruthie Bosch
* I can’t tell you the pleasure that your last communication gave me. It is very reassuring to me that you have at last got some mite of the recognition you deserve after a life of enlightening and enriching the lives of so many others. Daragh